This report covers the latest initiative of EPSF at FUE:
Committee: FUE’s Egyptian Committee for Public Health
Title: Blood Donation Event
Date & Time: May 7, 2015 from 1:30 to 4:00 pm
Number of Participants: 49 students
• On the above-mentioned date a “Blood Donation” event took place. In preparation, the day started at 10:00 am with a workshop offered by members of the ESPF’s Executive Board. The purpose of the workshop was to promote the value of donating blood and emphasizing that blood donation campaigns play a substantial role is addressing the problem of blood shortage.
They explained the importance of resolving the issue of Blood Bank shortages while giving hope to people in saving he lives of their loved ones.
• Mr Tawfik Ahmed Tawfik, EPSF President and Ms Heba Aymen, EPSF Head of Public Health Committee Ms Heba Mohamed explained that the purpose of this campaign is to orient people to the benefits of blood donation; as well as sharing the conviction that a drop of blood could save a life which is in accordance with the motto of the session: “a drop of your blood … another life’s survival”. The presentation ends with an explicit statement indicating that the first and foremost purpose of this campaign is not collecting the largest number of blood bags, but rather creating awareness that would become a natural drive for people to donate blood.
• The date of the on-campus Blood Donation campaign coincided with that of the HCV Campaign. Apart from the HCV flyer distribution, EPSF members prepared posters, bracelets and pins for distribution.
• The Committee members were divided into groups and each group was assigned a different area of the university such as: Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Industries, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine and the Dental Hospital, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Economics and Political Sciences, Faculty of Computers and Information Technology and Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration as well as the Food Court. The success rate of the campaign was marked by the crowds of students who made blood donations to the Blood Donation Vans of the Blood Bank. EPSF members were distributing chocolate to donners in appreciation for their contributions.
• The participants of the event expressed their joy and the day event ended with a group picture of many smiling faces.